INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
Through the Service and by Email and Telephone. We collect and store the following personal information and use it for typical business purposes (including security and anti-fraud purposes), as described more specifically below.
- Personal identifiers. We receive personal identifiers (such as your name, phone number, cell phone number, date of birth, e-mail address, mailing address, gender, and social media username) and use them to respond to your requests, and to communicate with you for appointments, marketing, surveys, and informational purposes. We may also collect and use this information to respond to feedback, complaints, and to provide information about our products and services.
- Message content. We receive messages you provide through email, by phone, or a contact us form on the Service, including in connection with customer service requests, appointment requests, surveys, and complaints. We use this information to respond to your requests and to improve the Service and our service. We may also use this information to post reviews on our Service.
- Business-related information. We may receive business-related information when you refer a patient (such as the name of your practice). We use this information to respond to your requests.
- Location information. We may use some of the information we collect, such as IP addresses, to estimate an approximate location of the device you are using to access our Service in order to enhance and personalize the features and functionality of the Service and service offerings.
- Survey information. We may receive survey responses that you submit to us. We use this information for research and other business purposes.
- Anonymous or aggregated information. We de-identify or aggregate data we receive and may use and disclose it for any business purpose.
- Inferences. We may draw inferences from the categories of information described above. This information may be used so that we can improve future user experiences with the Practice and to provide a more personalized experience.
Social Media. If you post information on our social media pages, we may use the information to respond to your post, to promote our business and services, and in the normal course of our business operations. We may collect personal identifiers, such as your social media username, and other personal characteristics that you have made publicly available on the social media website. Note that the third-party operators of social media websites also receive such information and your posts, and their use of your personal information is governed by their own privacy policies.
We may use such technologies to collect personal identifiers (such as your IP address), information about your device (such as your browser characteristics, device IDs and characteristics, operating system version, and language preferences) and information concerning your usage of our Service (including the link you used to reach a given webpage). For example, we use this information to determine how many users have visited particular webpages, viewed particular content, or opened messages or alerts, and we may also use such information to improve the performance of the Service, to improve our marketing activities, and to enforce our website service terms, prevent malicious conduct, and for anti-fraud and security purposes.
You may be able to change a web browser’s settings to block and delete cookies when you access the Service through that web browser. However, if you do that, the Service may not work properly; also, we will still receive basic information (such as last URL visited) when you navigate to the Service. The Service does not respond to browser do-not-track signals.
We may provide third parties with the personal information we collect (as described above) for our business purposes to assist us in providing products and services to you, including to put you into contact with a partner or to help us market.
To Provide, Protect, and Improve Our Service and Services. We disclose personal information as necessary to operate our business, such as with third-party providers, partner practices, and affiliates in connection with providing services to you. For example, we may provide your name, telephone and e-mail address information, to our partner practices. We require that third-party providers use personal information only for that purpose, and we also require assurances that they will appropriately protect personal information entrusted to them. We also may access, preserve, and disclose information if we believe that such action is necessary in our judgment to comply with a legal obligation or to protect and defend our rights or property, or those of others. For example, we may provide information, including IP address information, to our service providers to protect the Service, such as for fraud detection purposes.
To Comply with the Law and Legal Process. We may access, preserve, and disclose information concerning you if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary in our judgment to comply with a legal obligation.
Sales, Mergers, and Acquisitions. In the event of a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another entity (whether by private sale, through operation of law, as part of a divestiture plan, or otherwise), we will provide personal information and transaction history associated with each such business unit to the persons and/or entities assuming control of such business unit or as otherwise necessary to complete the transaction as permitted by law or contract.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a general matter, we only keep information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, as stated in our retention policies, and permitted or required by law, such as to comply with recordkeeping and other legal obligations. There may also be residual information that will remain within our backup files, databases, and other records, which will not be removed or changed, except in accordance with retention policies.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We employ reasonable security measures to secure and protect the information we receive. No method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
NO USE BY CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Service is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 18, you may not use our Service. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under 13 years of age. If we believe that any information has been posted by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information. Parents may contact us using the methods set forth below to request that information concerning their child be removed from our Service.
HOW TO CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS
Your state may imposes specific legal requirements and create privacy rights with respect to personal information, and we will comply with restrictions and any requests you submit as required by applicable law.
When you make a request, we may require that you provide information (such as your name, email address and/or zip code) and follow procedures so that we can verify a request you make and your jurisdiction before responding to it. The verification steps we take may differ depending on your jurisdiction and the request you make. We will match the information that you provide in your request to information we already have on file to verify your identity. If we are able to verify your request, we will process it. If we cannot verify your request, we may ask you for additional information to help us verify your request.
We will respond to your request within the time period required by applicable law. However, we may not always be able to fully comply with your request, and we will notify you in that event when required.
Certain privacy laws permit consumers to use an authorized agent to make privacy rights requests. We require the authorized agent to provide us with proof of the consumer’s written permission (for example, a power of attorney) that shows the authorized agent has the authority to submit a request for the consumer. An authorized agent must follow the process described below to make a request, and we will additionally require the authorized agent to verify his/her own identity and we will confirm the agent’s authority with the consumer about whom the request was made.
Effective: June 1, 2022.